9 Apr 2012

Not more makeup!!

Hi everyone, today is another post of more makeup I have purchased. The 3 for 2 offer was still in full swing and I took advantage one again, leaving with six items.


The first thing I knew I wanted to try is the Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara, there has been so much hype around this mascara and I really wanted to try it. It's very reasonably priced at a little over £8 so if it works I'll be very happy!!


I am in love with my real techniques brushes and the stippling brush was next on my list. It is basically a small dense stippling brush that gives an airbrushed effect when applying liquid foundation. This cost around £12 so a good price if it works well.


The next two items were from Soap and Glory cosmetics and they are the first two makeup items i've tried from them, the smoulder khol and the cat eyeliner. I didn't get a photo but here is a swatch of the khol liner. It is very black and smudgeable but once it sets it doesn't budge, even on the waterline! This only costs £5 and I think it's a bargain and very comparable to Urban Decay's 24/7 liner in zero. 
I haven't tried the cat eyeliner yet as i've got so many liquid liners on the go. Basically it's one of the liquid pen liners, I swatched it in the shop and it was very black and had a nice glossy finish so I've got high hopes for this one.



I finally cracked and picked up Maybelline's colour tattoo in endless purple, it's been catching my eye ever since they were launched. Purple is a universal colour which will suit any skin tone, hair colour and eye colour so i'm really looking forward to experimenting with it.


The consistency is just like the others I have, thick, creamy and very blendable but once they set they wont crease and they make eyeshadow really pop! I really recommend these colour tattoo's and I think they are just as good as MAC paint pots but are a fraction of the price at only £4.99!!


The final item is another lip butter from revlon, the last two colours I bought were very 'safe' and I wanted a brighter more daring colour. I chose the shade lollipop which is a blue toned fuscia. It is incredibly pigmented and has the same glossy balm texture which feels lovely on the lips.


I am seriously impressed with this shade and will be using loads in Spring and Summer.


I hope you enjoyed this post,

Thanks for reading
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment