10 Nov 2011

My Top Tips for Christmas

There is a chill in the air, the log fire is burning and I am pulling out my chunky winter jumpers. This can only mean one thing. Christmas!!!!
Christmas is one of my favourite times of year, I love snow, warm clothes, the tree, and spending time with friends and family. We still have a few weeks till then though so here are my top tips Christmas.

1. This is the most important, Write a list.

Writing a list of all the things you need to accomplish before Christmas is a great way to stay on track as things get hectic. I write one every year and stick it next to my bed. Every night I tick off what I have done. Its very satisfying to see things get ticked off.

2. Start Saving


Christmas can get expensive and its very nice to get people lovely presents but it's not quite so nice looking at your huge bank statement. In the months leading up to Christmas I put a small percentage of my income away in a safe place and when Christmas shopping comes around I will have a nice little stash that wont make a dent in my wallet!!!

3. Sign up to Discount Sites


There is nothing nicer than to give someone a luxury expensive item but its fantastic to get it for a massive discount. Sign up to discount websites such as, Hautelook, Brand Alley, Secret Sales and Showroomprive   these websites have luxury designer items at discounts from 50% up to 85%. I have got many great bargains from these sites.

4. Save your Mail Boxes
This sounds really weird but whenever anything comes in a box or padded envelope I keep them so when Christmas comes they are perfect for wrapping up delicate items or even better for disguising items. If you put a nail polish in a box nobody would guess what they were getting.

5. DIY


At Christmas I love going to craft shops and picking up bits and pieces to create my own unique decorations. This is a great way to get in the festive spirit and transform your home into a Christmas Wonderland.

That's about it, As I say christmas is so fun and its not worth stressing out about. Relax and plan ahead so you have plenty of time for everything.

Thanks for reading
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment