27 Nov 2011

Best of the ELF studio line

Elf is one of my favourite cheap brands. The products are great, the packaging is good and the price is unbeatable ranging from £1.50 - £6. 
They have three lines, regular, mineral and studio. Today I am going to run through a few of my must haves from the studio line.


Starting of with brushes, these all cost £3.50 except the kabuki which costs £5.

Left to Right, Powder brush, stipple brush, complexion brush, kabuki
These brushes are really good quality, they hold their shape really well and don't shed. I have had these for nearly a year, I wash them regularly and they are still going strong.



The tinted lip balms are relatively new and cost £3.50. They have four colours but the one I have is peaceful pink. It is quite big so it lasts a really long time.


It is really pigmented and it looks gorgeous by itself. It lasts a really long time and it also moisturises the lips.


I featured this in my last ELF haul but I had to include it again because I wear it all the time. It's the matte lip colour in Praline costing £3.50.


I apply it very lightly to get this brick brown colour. I love it for Autumn.


The studio blushes are fantastic. The two colours I have is tickled pink (left) and blushing rose (right) The packaging is sleek and easy to store.

Tickled pink, blushing rose

They are very pigmented and last a really long time. Tickled pink is my favourite because it gives a gorgeous pink flush to my cheeks that looks great. These also cost £3.50.


I also got this with my last ELF haul, it's their cream blushes. I believe these cost £5.50 but I may be wrong. The shade I have is flirt.


It is a cream to powder finish so it is easily buildable. A light dab with a brush will give you a soft hint of colour like the swatch on the left or if you put more on you get a bright dolly pink as shown in the swatch on the right.


This is probably one of the more well known products from ELF. The blush and bronzer duo. This is talked about as the dupe for NARS orgasm and luguna. I've never tried either of them so can't comment but for £3.50 this duo ticks all my boxes. It's pigmented, the blush is beautiful and the bronzer is great for contouring. Also the packaging comes with a huge mirror so it's great for your handbag and travelling.


As you can see the blush is a gorgeous peachy pink with gold shimmer. It looks amazing in the summer. I think this blush would compliment alot of skin tones. However, the bronzer is very dark so I can use it for contouring however I think very pale skin tones would struggle to pull this one off.


Finally, the mineral infused mascara. This costs £3.50. I like this because it lengthens and separates. It doesn't volumise however I tend to use this as my first coat and apply Benefit BAD GAL lash as a second coat to give some volume.


I really like this to wear by itself because it defines the eyes really well.


Phew! That was a long one but I hope you've found this helpful and inspired you to check out their fantastic range of products.

Thanks for reading
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment