10 Sept 2011

5 Drugstore Concealers



As I was rumaging through my makeup collection I noticed by fastly expanding concealer collection most of which are from the drugstore. I thought I would share with you my thoughts on 5.

In no particular order: #1 Garnier Roll-on Anti Dark Circles £8


I reall love the roller ball. This concealer blends really well and is fantastic for under eye circles. This concealer comes in many different shades, the one I have is light-medium. The only downside to the packaging is that the colour is not written on it so if you owned a few in different colours it would be quite tricky to tell them apart. Other than that I cannot fault this concealer for the price, packagin and quality.

9/10


#2: Borjouis Healthy Mix Concealer £7.99


(Sorry for the rubbish photo)

This is my favourite concealer for blemishes, it's thick but easy to blend and doesn't look cakey. They have loads of colours and I found my perfect match in shade 53. The downside to this product is the packaging, with the squeezy tube I always squeeze out far too much as a little goes a long way.  However, this would be my number one as it covers blemishes flawlessy and works great undereyes.

10/10

#3: Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer £4.99


This concealer has recieved alot of hype and personally I don't like it. I bought this thinking it would be the best thing since sliced bread but I don't think it's that good. It leaves my blemishes dry and flaky which makes them look worse and it's very difficult to blend so it pulls the skin around my eye when blending. There is only four colours and I have Shade 2, Light. I think if you had very dark skin there wouldn't be a colour suitabl which is a downside. Overall this is probably suited more to oily skin but I don't love it.

5/10


#4: Loreal Touch Magnique Concealer £7.19


This is an undereye lightening concealer. It does what it says on the tin, nothing else. I like the brush applicator and it is easy to blend. I would say the price is a bit much for what it is. That's really all I have to say about it.

5/10


#5: No7 Calm and Conceal Concealer £9.99


The most of expensive of the bunch. This one is unique as it has an anti redness treatment on one half. This is a great handbag concealer for an emergency when horrible pimples show up. Unfortunatley it only comes in one shade which is medium. Pale or dark skin tones would not be able to use this which is a shame. The coverage is really good and the redness soloution works suprisingly. Definitley pick this up when Boots are giving out their five pound vouchers. Snatch this little baby up for a fiver.


7/10


What's your top drugstore concealer?

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment